Citizens of The United States, The United Kingdom and Canada are obliged to apply through a registered Iranian Travel Agency. Also, they must be accompanied by a certified guide throughout their trip and have a clear travel itinerary. These travelers are not eligible for acquiring visa on arrival.
Visa on arrival
Citizens of most countries are eligible for a visa on arrival (listed below). However; it’s recommended to apply for a visa beforehand due to long waiting lines and higher risk of rejection. The airports that grant VOA are as follows:
- Imam Khomeini International Airport, Tehran (IKA)
- Shahid Dastghaib Airport, Shiraz (SYZ)
- Shahid Beheshti Airport, Isfahan (ISF)
- Shahid Sadooghi Airport, Yazd (AZD)
- Shahid Hasheminejad International Airport, Mashhad (MHD)
- Shahid Madani Airport, Tabriz (TBZ)
- Kish International Airport, Kish (KIH)
- Bandar Abbas Airport, Bandar Abbas (BND)
Countries that can’t get Iran Visa on arrival
- Sri Lanka
Applying by Cheetah-Adventures
As a Travel Agency, Cheetah-Adventures can apply for a visa in your stead to accelerate the process and save you the trouble. For those who choose to travel with us, visa acquirement is a part of our services and charge-free. It’s also possible for other travelers to get a visa through our agency but a fee will apply (depending on the nationality).
The process of Applying Visa by Cheetah-Adventures is pretty simple. First you have to fill out the visa application form available on our website with your personal information (name, nationality, address, preferred Iranian embassy or airport to get the visa, etc.). A clear scan/picture of your passport and a photo of yourself that meets the standards must be attached. We’ll afterwards apply for a visa on your behalf and send you the visa grant notice (a document with authorization code) within 10 working days. You can obtain your visa from the previously chosen embassy or at the airport upon arrival. Having your passport, travel insurance and photo is necessary for obtaining the visa.
- Since 2018 the travelers’ passports will not be stamped to avoid further issues regarding sanctions.
- The travel visa is usually valid for three months and allows travelers to spend a maximum of 30 days in Iran.
- Citizens of Israel are not allowed to enter Iran.
List of countries that do not require Iran visa
Due to political agreements citizens of the following countries are allowed to enter Iran without visa:
Countries that travel agencies cannot apply for their Iran visa